Monday, December 17, 2007

Why I love it here

I've been down on New Jersey. I have to admit it. Being born and mostly-raised in New York, I had an appropriate air of superiority over the Garden State. Gleefully admitting that I had never been through the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel until I met my husband, who is foreign so didn't know any better than to live here (insert nose stuck up in air here). But he was smarter than me. And just when I begin to lament our high property taxes and unbearable lack of car insurance, New Jersey backs full rights for gay partnerships (a marriage amendment would have been better) and becomes the first state to abolish the death penalty.

I love this state!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Dark Side, now you're a Joisey Girl! I've been here since 1973 and still can't reconcile being ripped away from New England. But the place does grow on you - especially when you can get Taylor Ham, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll at 3:00 A.M. pretty much anywhere within 5 miles of where you live! And don[t get me started about "disco fries!!"